Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 17, 2007

3 minutes realization!

Heard this from radio station, 98.8 this morning, and it keep me to think quite a while......There was a research carried out in one of the University US. They choose 3500 students to do a research, asking them why they pick their current major subject or what they want to be at that time. 87% of them because their parents want them to choose, choose for good money or follow the major trend at that time, while the remaining 23% choose what they like and base on own interests.

20 yrs later, they contact back these 3500 students, 100 of them have become millionaire. Surprisingly, 99 of the milionaire are from the 23% where they love their job and passionate about it, only 1 of the millionaire is from the major 87%. The research proove that most of the successful ppls are pasionate and really love with what they are doing. Not like most of them who don't have the passionate for the job, they do mainly for surviving purposes. This research oso told us as parents should encourage to explore our kids interest & passionate, help them to develop their strenght but not pressing them what to be because of what we want them to be.

Think back, even now i 30yrs++ oredi, i oso dunno what i like and what my interests are. Last time, my parents only asked me to study, study & study. We study for the sake of our exam at school. After exam, all we memorised hard give back to the teachers & lecturer. Same like most of the students nowadays, homeworking, study hard hopefully can pass the exam with flying colours. The exam results seem like the most important thing, if ur results no good, u like no way out and useless. How many of us as parents really help our kids to explore their talent, interest and passionate. Most of us, hoping them to do well in their exam. Pathetic rite?

Even now, i ask myself, if one day my jiejie growth enough, come and tell me this, 'mummy, i am very confidence in singing, all the ppl said i have the talent, i love singing and want to be a singer.' or meimei tell me this, 'mummy, i want to be a model as my carreerl!!' What would be my reactions then? Will i support them? Willl i respect their own choice? Dunno, really dunno......just hope that day won't come so soon!!! :P

8 comments:

MY Life Zone said...

mm... true.. last time i been asking myself on the same questions.. what i like, wat is my hobbies, actually wat kind of job i am looking for?? but no answer for myself... so we r from the same 'group' (work to survive).. i do hope my son will not follow my 'steps'...

wai wai's mommy said...

I am the luck one, my mom let me choose what I like to study. Because she said for a girl, the husband will look after her next time. But for my son, my husband wish he can be a lawyer, because can earn more money. For me, as long he is happy, I will support him whatever he wants to be (of course must be positive side one lah).

mommy of 3 angels said...

most important is not how much you have in your bank...that's not really the measure of success!!!

as long as u happy, have a great family with lots of love & joy...tat's better right....of cos if got a few million bucks sitting in the bank also good lar!!!

Anonymous said...

yah... true... i also dunno what I want for my job. For my kids, I jus hope they could pick something they like.

薇薇 said...

Strongly agree with u. i also dont know what i like even i have been working for 8 years. Now i start feel tired and bored with my current job. i start asking myself a lot of questions :
-am i happy now ?
-how long i still want to stay at my current field
-what is my career goal..for me career is not my first priority
When i turn to 30++, i start to question myself many questions regarding life... but still cant find the answers..

Anonymous said...

true true ... i'm also worrying bout that.

Anonymous said...

Hi CPM--well, they grow so fast, I'm in no hurry (laugh)! I do wonder if we can have both, a wonderful student who loves what they have chosen in life? Hmmmm ....

Jacelyn Chew said...

i've tagged u ....check out my kids' blog ya...