Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 6, 2007

Office Politics!

Mummy was a victim between 2 mgrs politics.....this incidence happened since last week, as one of the lady manager from other dept requested me to send her a report. Well, the report involves all the sales reps in my dept. My manager is aware of this, but he thought its a easy & simple one untill last Friday when he requested me to get prepare his meeting charts, i told him i was in the midst doing the earlier report which requested by another mgr.

Immediately, my manager 'naik angin' asked me why i've put so many effort and time on this. Showed him what i have to do for the report, he more anger......Asked me to stop doing that tedious analysis, well, he is not anger with me, but the lady manager.....Told me she is very good using other ppl's resources, summore told me to be reminded myself that i won't get review for doing all this ppl's jobs.

Alamak, i was like stuck in the middle, i know i know the lady manager's kind of person, summore now she is the big boss's apple. That's y i can not say NO in front of her mar....She had been taken me for a discussion for 1 1/2 hours, briefing me what to do and what she wants...

The incidence ended by sending her a note, saying that i not able to do it as i need to assist my mgr to do some other matters, followed by a note from my manager later too....asking her to seek some other ppl's help on this. Mummy thought this incidence should end on that way.....

Who knows this early morning, the lady manager had been searching me like mad. Asking me why i throw back the file to her.....and she is very disapponted with me all those says lar....Aiyoh, i told her lar......my boss need me for some other stuff mar, then she said i din call her and tell her lar, the last friday, whole day she was in the back to back meetings, never check her mails lar...Come on lar, how i know she din check her mail leh....Sumore she said, am i expecting her to do her own during weekend....Hey, i should ask her another way back, if she dun wish to work on weekend, same as mine!

Without saying much or dispute with her, i told her to call my boss, anything talk to my boss please. I hate to get stuck in all these politics, by right i should follow my boss's intructions, but horr....my office is very famous with the changes of structure, you won't know when your boss will be changed. Afraid i under her one day (who knows?), then i really no way out..... :(

5 comments:

MY Life Zone said...

ei... sometimes i like tat lor... big company lot of benefit but lots of politic also... but just let yr boss settle it lar.. u just follow instruction from yr own boss.. think the lady manager cannot scold u on tat also lar...

MY Life Zone said...

ops.. i means "sometimes is like tat' :p

LHS said...

alamak..so terrible la...
fast fast find another job..:)

shoppingmum said...

Alamak, I have politics wan. But let the bosses settle lah, small workers talk less better.

CutiePrincessMummy said...

mylifezone & shoppingmum : true small workers like me, better shut up and do work! no eyes see!

huisia : besides the politics, actually i like my job lar...eventhough sometimes might busy like hell.... :P