Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 9, 2007

Can collegue be your friend?

'Can collegue be your friend?' This topic has been discussed in one of our local radio station this morning and it keep me thinking a while...Well, half of my good friends are my x-colleagues. Some might lost touched for a while but still close at our bottom of heart. When seing each other after lost touching a while, we still can chat like no end and can share every single thing.

Personal experience x-collegues from smaller x-company chances higher to bcome friends. Not like now working in MNC, eventhough i got more collegues compare w last time. But still hard to find a close close friend. The collegues here more go out for lunch only and we hardly share our personal life. All are work related, like ppl always quote the relationship 'so close yet so far'! Needless to mention those only say hi and bye in our daily working life.

I used to tell my hubby in our working life, 'collegue come collegue go' those might seems very close to you, once they left the company, u probably won't keep in touch w them. Or sometimes, you would never ever know when ur so called 'best friend' in the company can be the one who back stacked you until you heard from your manager's mouth to be careful with her/him. Scary rite?! May be am old ledi, find myself difficult to open my heart in this MNC or is it too self-protective i wonder.

6 comments:

etceteramommy said...

I am keeping in touch with some of my x colleagues. Well, we are not best of buddies but we care about each others updates and do try to meet up once in a while to catch up. But I think you're right. Big organisations tend to have more politics (in my opinion) so finding true good close friends is not as easy...

Unknown said...

I've lost touch with almost all my x colleagues. A group of us were very close then as we had to do some travelling together. Now, most of us have gone our separate ways. Life has evolved.
By the way, you have cute kids. They are at a very cute age.

Why not join my bookshop's lucky draw. RM20 up for grabs. Not much but enough to get yourself a free book or two. Details are over at http://valuebookshop.com

Anonymous said...

I had lost touch with my x colleagues too. Used to hang out together but as time goes by, we just kind of lost touch with one another. Well, I guess probably as 1 work longer, you would see more of these 'come & go' and think it's part of life.

CutiePrincessMummy said...

etcetera mum : U r right, politic in office always tense the relationship.

lian : Thx for dropping. Sure will visit yours when hv time. :-)

mama tang : i like the phrase 'ppl come ppl go' regret yet realistic in our daily working life! Hehe!

Unknown said...

can collegue be your friend??? of coz...actually shoppingmum n mummyinvain are my collegues before, n now we are best friends and partners too...

CutiePrincessMummy said...

its ur luck and 'fuk hei' to have close frens like them. Happy for u ler! :-D