Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Heartached Experience in Kindy!

First post in year 2007! Firt post for my 'fat lou sou'! and backdated post summore!!

Never tot Jiejie go to nursery only for soooooooo short period. ONE week only!!!!! Yea, mummy had stopped her to continue her nursery. Well, it was a long story....but mainly i would say the nursery environment is not suitable for the kids whose 2-3 yrs old. Or i would rather say its more like kindy not nursery at all.

First - It was not like other nursery where got 1-2 assistant helping the teacher in the class. I mean the assistant usually will help the teacher to attend the crying kids or helping the kids when necessary while the teacher is busy conducting the class, rite? So for this nursery, the teacher one hand need to pacify the crying kids while another hand need to conducting the class....

Second - the form teacher is inexperience at all.....when my jiejie crying, the teacher seems like a bit panic dunno wat to do to my jiejie and she stopped the whole lessons while pacifiying my jiejie...and the others kids all would focus on my jiejie too and do nothing. Another example : during the sensorial class, she take out some bottles (diff sizes) put on the table and just asked the kids to open the bottles. The kids open & close 2-3 bottles, then boring oredi..... But teacher still doing nothing asking the kids continuous open and close...aiyoh, all the kids oso sian and reluctant to do liao .... Later, the principal came seeing my jiejie dun let me off. Immediately she take out a bear, use the bear to tok to my jiejie ...and having some competition for the kids like who open the bottles fastest will get a sweet and etc...the whole class became lively immedately!!

Third - the environment might bit difficult for my jiejie, she got no friends at all! Total 4 kids in her class, the others 3 are all korkor....very strange, i observed boys will auto mix with the other boys and girls go to others girls too...Y ler, how come small small they oredi know choose to play with same sex!! Poor jiejie got no friends in the class...but diff story in their playing time where all kids fr all diff classes come out and play togehter in the playground! Few bigger jiejies were so nice to approach my princess to hold her hand, ask her to play w them!!! soooo sweet!! and tat was the happiest moment my jiejie in that kindy!! after go back to class....cried again & again....

Fourth - the method this kindy adapt is more like preparing the kids to primary school, for eg. on the 3rd day oredi, diff teachers came to the class for diff subject....Jiejie met 4 teacher on that day! and it getting worse...my jiejie oredi cried when i left her behind, a lil bit wanna settle down, the teacher she used to went out from class and came in another new teacher....Pity my jiejie cried for the whole day... Eh,. i tot nursery class shdn't change the teachers soooo fast wan...cos for the small kids to get used to a new environment, form teacher and friends oredi need time...WAH, summore 4 teachers in a day, how to get use to it? pls rectify me if am wrong!

Fifth - the teachers AGAIN, i was soooooo SHOCK tat day when they having the english class! The so-called 'english' teacher ask my jiejie to take out a monkey soft toy so tat she can use tat for her story later! Guess, which animal soft toy she ask my jiejie to pick up!!! Its a BEE and she told my jiejie its a monkey....and she pula show the kids the so-called 'bear' OMG its a tiger wat, got stripes on the body and whiskers summore wor.....I nearly wanna walked in straight and tell her not to teach the kids wrongly...and they way she telling the story!!! i nearly FAINTED!! its more like translate directly fr mandarin to english...but the words she used, bully she said cheat....get rid of she said throw the lion away!!!!! the worst case was heard by daddy the form teacher told the kids the pumpkin call 'panguueeen'!!! FAINTED!!!! Can someone pass me the minyak angin pleeeease...................

Well, my jiejie is the smallest kid in tat school and after a week observing her......cried with no end until vomit everyday! and she end up getting another 2 uniforms! TOTAL FOUR!!! if i dun tell the form teacher stop to give her a new uniform each time she vomit, think jiejie will bring more uniforms home! (In fact, i prepared a spare uniform in Jiejie, told the teacher since the first day, but dunno get into her mind or not la) Jiejie oso din eat at all in the kindy for the whole week, i only found out fr jiejie when i ask her at home. The teacher never tell me tat! How come they can ignore if the kids eat or no eat and never tell the parents??!!!!! May be they think its a small matter kuah!!!

I was fuming when i approach the principal toking about my jiejie situation and my thought of stopping her going to kindy. The next sentence came out fr her mouth was "Actually I oso wanna tell u ledi, but am 'pai seh' to open my mouth" Wah Lau, what kind of principal is this??!! summore blame me said tat day she oredi told me 3 yrs old is too small!!! HALOOU, tat day she told me my jiejie looks ok, very stable like tat, shd be no problem, summore they will place a experience teacher with CERT in the nursery class....now my jiejie can not, only she said this and that!!!! nearly wanna WACK her!! As a principal, u know ur kindy the best, if u r not prepared for the smaller kids, then, dun accept la....she said pula " pai seh" to let the parents down wor!!!! Wat sort of reasons is these!!!! AAARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......Anyway, i dun really fight w her in order to get my money back, i managed to take back $400++ and lost about $100 for the whole week!!! Oh yea, i complained the form teacher too....inexperience at all to handle the small kids. Then the principal said the teacher not she can not teach, only she need some times to brush her skills. Aiyoh, then u shd place a experience teacher for the smaller kids la, method to handle/teach the bigger kids and smaller kids totally diff wat! Sure the bigger kids easier to teach and they can more listen and follow the teachers but not the nursery kids, Agreed??!! Alamak....my jiejie was the 'white mouse' la..... AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Mummy most heartached is not about the money, is my poor jiejie!! Now she got phobia to kindy liao...everyday tell mummy, she dun wanna go to school anymore!!! Think back she cried until vomit for the whole last week, mummy lagi heartached!!! Anyway, crying is not the main reason i stopped Jiejie continue to kindy, its more on the kindy itself which i think not suitable for smaller kids 2-3yrs old. Sorry darling, mummy will be more careful to choose kindy for you in future. Anyhow, kindy is still a fun place for you to explore, darling! :-D



These are some photos taken on the 1st day to kindy which will bcome memories liao.....

Jiejie posing happily before heading to kindy

Jiejie playing alone in the class. *sob, sob..*

Story telling time.

Still crying in the car on the way home!! Poor Jiejie :(

9 comments:

mommy of 3 angels said...

aiyooo....next time chose better loh...this is not kindy...its torture! poor jie jie...

that day i sent erika to school - 1st day...i also saw so many kids cry until eyes bengkak!...even the school made special program for them and had so many extra teachers still cry cry cry!!!

CutiePrincessMummy said...

Yea, really hv to open my eyes bigger next time!!! :(

薇薇 said...

I think this is the nursery problem.Jia chen is doing fine in the nursery. He told me teacher teachs him sing "tong tong cian" song (Chinese new year song).He is very happy to go to nursery every morning.

Montessorimum said...

wah..what school is this? Does look like a montessori wor...how to get a 3 years old to unscrew bottle cap when the very basic of pouring activities is not done?? And the teachers and principles attidude...vomit blood...these are money sucker in a field of lucrative business...want to find a good pre-school...very hard.

CutiePrincessMummy said...

Weiwei : thx for dropping by. Yea, i read ur blog..Jia Chen looks sooo happy going to nursery! Good Boy! ^^

Dragonmummy : u r rite! that kindy rojak a bit by campur diff method of teachings. Anyway, am relieved to stop jiejie going there! hehehe!

MY Life Zone said...

wow.. really too much lar... me have to get myself ready on that... even still got 2 yrs to go..hehe..

at least now i know what to check first b4 i choose a kindy for my son...

cannot believe have such kinds of 'bad quality' schools around and still dare to 'open business'.

poor jie jie only... take times to build confident back to school...

CutiePrincessMummy said...

Aiyoh ur son still hv to wait another 2-3yrs lah!! ^.^

Desperate Mummy said...

Hi ... I think Jie-Jie and my girl is same age lor. I suppose to sent my girl to Kinder this yr if count by yr she's 3 yrs old but by mth she's just turn 2 yrs old. I have think n think at last I decided to sent her to Kinder only next yr cos by looking at her character she's not ready for Kinder yet :)

CutiePrincessMummy said...

Hi desperatemummy, better to wait ur gal more ready then only send her to kindy lor. If not like my jiejie, until now oso scare go to kindy! *sigh*