Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, May 25, 2007

Tag #1 : The meanings of Princesses' name

I have few tags pending for quite some times, clearing them slowly...... Sorry ahh, to those who has tag me as i take so long to do the homework. Ok here it is.....

Get this tag from Montessorimum and Jacelyn, Thx yea, ladies! :-)

Jiejie : Ng Xin Yi  黄馨仪

I was very excited when pregnant with Jiejie, after knowing my jiejie to be a baby girl, mummy start looking dictionary, hope to name her with a special & meaningful name. Mummy like the name of 欣怡 (欣 means happy, 怡 oso means pretty and happy). Yea, mummy wish the baby girl to be a happy girl, daddy oso agreed with that.

After give birth to jiejie, to respect the parents in law, we inform them with the name. PIL insisted to bring to Sifu 谷中鸣 to get a suitable name for jiejie. My PIL believed name is very important and it might affect your whole life.

They saw few examples and one of the most significant was my 2nd BIL. Initially PIL name him with a name consist of fire, and the 2nd BIL since small always get sick easily and most of the time was fever. MIL told me that time the 2nd BIL was suffering a lot as keep getting sick. The PIL heart ached looking at him lar. Then, someone told them try to change the name, things might getting better. They found this Sifu谷中鸣and get a new name for the 2 BIL, ironically, since they changed the 2nd BIL name, the BIL rarely to get sick anymore! Looking at that, PIL brought all the names of the family members to the sifu in order to get a more suitable name.

That was why I kena conned by my lou gong’s name last time, he told me his name is ying yong in mandarin I thought is 英勇 which means brave and macho….who knows is 音咏means music which definitely softer.

Ok, back to jiejie’s name, the sifu found欣怡is not good for jiejie, end up he gave馨仪 which is the same pronunciation. But hor, daddy worried that jiejie will get up set when writing her name as her xin consists of 21 strokes! :P


Meimei : Ng Bao Yi  黄宝仪

Meimei, my lil princess come to our family exactly 1 ½ yr after jiejie. Meimei’s name is definitely easier as we decided to take back the same one word from jiejie, Xin or Yi? Daddy said xin is difficult to write, so we took the last word, Yi…..

This round mummy only need to find one nice word for meimei, easier rite? And lastly mummy choose 宝仪 (宝 means precious), the sifu oso found the name is good for meimei. Yea, it might sounds ordinary, and this is exactly we want to name meimei wish her to be an ordinary and happy girl (no need to be so stunning!) and most of all she is our precious!

Daddy & I din choose a Christian name for my princesses, we both agreed to let them to choose themselves when they mature enough.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaww so cute! Yeah it's true..names can be part of the reason that leads our life depending how strong it means! If it's normal undefined name then it's alright! Hehe! I still don't know what my name means except that it's related to Princess Anastacia from the history of Russia!

And I don't really know her life and character at all! Tho I must admit I find alot of resemblance of characteristics of me in the Anastacia cartoon movie (not bcos of the name)! Hehee!

Nice names for ur kids!! Love it!

etceteramommy said...

Hi hi.. I cant read chinese but I realised the english spelling for both is the same?

Anonymous said...

Hi CPM--wonderful post. I had been tagged on this one too (my first tag). The child's name can be an important addition to their lives, so it's so interesting to hear how we all came up with their names.

Thank you for sharing this thoughtful post!

荦怡 said...

妈咪本来也想为我取名为“欣怡”,不过已经有好几个妈咪的朋友也为他们的女儿取名为“欣怡”,后来才改为~荦怡

mommy of 3 angels said...

the daddy worry about them writing their name onli ah!!!

CutiePrincessMummy said...

nastasshea : cos u r the princess of their heart mar... :-)

etcetera mum : Ooo, thx for pointing out the error! I've amended it.

the new parent : Thank you. :-)

Joelle : Wah, look like 欣怡 is a very popular name, hehehe!

m22angels : yea lar, so many strokes mar! :P